Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No Smoking Today


Wonder why people smoke. Considering that I have been doing it since I was 17, I still don't have the answer. What beats me is that after having successfully kicked the habit for over 11 months, it still manages to sneak back into my life. Starting first as a harmless companion to whisky/ friends and sensless banter. Then closing in on coffee breaks, then as an after-dinner after-lunch 'must have'. Finally a 'can't live without' stress buster, even when the stress is not really There.

I guess its much like the smoke itself, easily finding its way into the voids of our minds and our lives. A false sense of completeness - of filling up the gaps , when there's really nothing there.


Well. like I didn't know it, it doesn't help when you are asthmatic and you STILL smoke. Its bound to hit you somewhere, especially when you are in cold cold Delhi. I was in bed all day, popping pills, trying out everything from soups to homeopathy. Its aweful to be cooped up and all alone in a guest house, coughing at the dull walls, half expecting them to offer a few sympathetic words.

The good news is that I have quit. Lets see how long it lasts. Will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home